And so a new community of friends joins hands around the world...

Posted by Maitri Libellule | Friday, November 28, 2008


"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

~ His Holiness, The Dalai Lama ~



Dear Friends,

I have been doing my 300 drops a day on entrecard and some are very random as I try to drop back on everyone who drops on me but sometimes they are not blogs that fit with my philosophies so I thought, "Why not start my own Mr. Linky List to gather together in one place all of the wonderful blogs that are dedicated to Compassionate Living. This may take many shapes and forms. Maybe you are an "artist with heart." Perhaps you are dedicated to animal welfare, or have a cause that you support that is rooted in compassion and loving-kindness. There are so many possibilities, the spectrum is wide and as many colors of the rainbow.

I am not looking for SEO blogs, or blogs that are nothing but ads, or who have a high ad content and almost no real heartfelt blog posts for the simple joy of connection with others. It is in this spirit that I am creating this list so that I can drop on you and support blogs that I really believe in.
In addition to this I am designing a "Compassionate Living Blog Award" and every Sunday I will review the blogs that have signed up so far and on Sundays I will put their widget up as high as possible in the sidebar in a little section called, "Compassionate Living Blog Of The Week." A free week of advertising as a thank you for your kind and gentle efforts in the world.

IN ADDITION TO THIS: I will be creating, this week, a new page on my newly designed nine year old website, Dragonfly Cottage, that will house, forever after (as long as the blogs are live), all of the widgets of all of the winners of the awards.


My heartfelt thanks to one and all. I hope you will join soon, and you must leave a comment after your link goes up. That's the way the Mr. Linky links work! I will be keeping a close eye on the list and any inappropriate links will be removed.

Blessings and Love, I can't wait to hear from you, and the first award will go out next Sunday!



How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these.

~George Washington Carver ~






Welcome Friends,..

Thoughts on Compassionate Living...



"How are we ever going to change anything? How is there going to be less aggression in the universe rather than more? We can then bring it down to a more personal level: how do I learn to communicate with somebody who is hurting me or someone who is hurting a lot of people? How do I speak to someone so that some change actually occurs? How do I communicate so that the space opens up and both of us begin to touch in to some kind of basic intelligence that we all share? In a potentially violent encounter, how do I communicate so that neither of us becomes increasingly furious and aggressive? How do I communicate to the heart so that a stuck situation can ventilate? How do I communicate so that things that seem frozen, unworkable, and eternally aggressive begin to soften up, and some kind of compassionate exchange begins to happen?

Well, it starts with being willing to feel what we are going through. It starts with being willing to have a compassionate relationship with the parts of ourselves that we feel are not worthy of existing on the planet. If we are willing through meditation to be mindful not only of what feels comfortable, but also of what pain feels like, if we even aspire to stay awake and open to what we're feeling, to recognize and acknowledge it as best we can in each moment, then something begins to change."

~ Pema Chodron ~

About Me

My photo

Maitri is a writer, and artist. She lives on the coast of NC with 4 rescue pugs and an African grey parrot named Miss Scarlett. You can find Maitri at: www.maitrilibellule.com