24 Comments Received Before List Was Moved To This Blog...

Posted by Maitri Libellule | Friday, November 28, 2008


Judy said...

What a GRAND idea, Maitri! You are SO clever to think of it. I am so technologically challenged I even hesitated to start a blog but I am glad that I did because I have met so many wonderful people!

I am still praying for you and Henry and my hope for his safe return is still strong! I also keep your dear Mother in my thoughts and prayers as well.

God Bless.

November 23, 2008 5:36 PM

Delete
Blogger MsRay said...

Kudos to Maitri for coming up with this wonderful idea.

November 23, 2008 5:43 PM

Delete
Blogger S. A. Hart said...

This is a wonderful idea! I am keeping you, your mother, and Henry in my prayers.

You might also enjoy checking out my friend Caroline's blog "Dom Care Dragon"http://domcaredragon.blogspot.com/
She's not on EC, doesn't advertise, but is one of the most compassionate souls on the face of the earth. I think you'll enjoy what she offers.

November 24, 2008 1:47 AM

Delete
Blogger Jackie said...

I am so sorry to hear about Henry and just hope that you get news soon.

What a lovely idea of having compassionate living blogs that we can then easily visit. Have added my blog.

I do not know how , with all you do, manage to visit the 300 blogs a day. I think time is going faster as my time management totally haywire these days and I rarely manage to get that many done and keep falling behind in reading my favorite blogs like yours and my posts are not that often these days LOL.

November 24, 2008 3:54 AM

Delete
Anonymous BK said...

Thank you for creating this list to share with all wonderful blogs that are dedicated to Compassionate Living. My site was started more than two year ago to share with people the wisdom in love quotes and the blog was set up about two years to continue to share with people love and inspiration.

There are many areas which I need to improve on and I will continue to do so.

November 24, 2008 8:18 AM

Delete
Anonymous Doug said...

Maitri, I would like to invite you to explore the contents of my Retired and Restless blog which features new content each day. The url is http://gruggersway.today.com

I hope that I contribute to compassionate living.

November 24, 2008 11:14 AM

Delete
Blogger Kerrie Slade said...

What a wonderful idea Maitri! I have taken the liberty of adding my blog. Although the topic is beadwork, I like to think I am a compassionate person and have recently used my beadwork to raise funds for various charities.

I often think of you and the handsome Henry and do so hope he returns safe and well to your side.

Kerrie :)

November 24, 2008 1:03 PM

Delete
Blogger Lori said...

Lovely post, Maitri. I agree - blogs that are littered with ads, while I understand the reasons, miss the point I'm trying to make with my own blog. I'm about connecting with people and developing friendships along the way.

I appreciate that you've dropped in on my blog and have commented. My goal is to create a dialogue. Every time someone comments, I've done my part in building connections. :)

November 24, 2008 1:15 PM

Delete
OpenID A. said...

I had hoped that by blogging I could spread at least some understanding for those less fortunate than ourselves, and by that I mean in developing countries. Of late, since my mother died, I've struggled a little to keep going and I confess that more and more "filler" posts have been creeping in.

And yet, my mother's death has shown me the compassion of bloggers. Such an incredible number came by to offer their sympathy, I was moved. Nevertheless, I'm not convinced that I fit your criteria, so please feel free to delete my entry to your list.

November 24, 2008 3:07 PM

Delete
Anonymous Roxy's Best Of... said...

Maitri,

Thanks for coming up with the great Mr. Linky idea. I am going to sign up with two of my blogs (Roxiticus Desperate Housewives and Roxy's Best Of...) and leave it to you to determine whether they qualify as compassionate living blogs...I try to write about my family's experiences in a way that helps others, whether it means finding a great birthday party venue for a child's special day, bringing a smile with music or creative experiences that I've enjoyed, or finding new ways to entertain my international friends from the blogosphere.

Thanks again!
Roxy

November 24, 2008 8:10 PM

Delete
Anonymous Roxiticus Desperate Housewives said...

I'm also signing up with my Roxiticus Desperate Housewives blog... while I don't flatter myself to think I'm in your league of writing talent, I like to think my daily posts are fun...I try to stay cheerful and positive.

Roxy

November 24, 2008 8:12 PM

Delete
Blogger igoddess said...

Love youuuuuuuuuuuuuu Maitri! You're becoming a regular gadget goddess!

xx
Anita

November 25, 2008 7:53 AM

Delete
Blogger jakill said...

Great idea, Maitri. And very Maitri-like. I do hope Henry comes home to you soon. His name keeps popping up all over the place in the blogosphere. After having him in your family for ten and a half years, the shock and grief must be horrendous. When you feel up to it, perhaps you could share more of your happy memories of him and get even more vibes out into the ether to draw him back.

November 25, 2008 10:14 AM

Delete
Blogger Rose Works Jewelry said...

I love this idea! I submitted my blog - I try hard to promote other artists (in fact I'm going to be co-hosting a radio show dedicated to that!) and I also donate portions of my proceeds every month to different causes :) Right now - the local homeless shelter!

www.roseworksjewelry.etsy.com
www.roseworksjewelry.blogspot.com

November 25, 2008 1:09 PM

Delete
Blogger kml said...

Great idea! Do you mind if I add both of my blogs?

Photography by KML
and
Let's Jump Together

I try to be compassionate - if you feel they do not qualify I will not be offended in any way.

take care,
Kathy

November 25, 2008 2:42 PM

Delete
Anonymous netta said...

What a lovely idea. We all need a light that shines -- thanks for being that to so many people.

Blessings to you and yours,

~n

November 25, 2008 3:56 PM

Delete
Blogger Nodin's Nest said...

What a lovely idea! You are always so thoughtful of others. I keep Henry in my thoughts everyday and I'm still wishing him home to you!

November 26, 2008 12:02 AM

Delete
Blogger t3ss4 said...

wow! this is a good idea.
I don't know if I could belong on such a list since most of my posts are very personal :D
do hope that the list will continue to grow.
...and I have invited a certain blogger to join the list since I really like her blog. her blog helps her readers understand themselves better. do hope she'll consider joining the list.

anyway, more power to the group.

have a nice day.

November 26, 2008 4:58 AM

Delete
Blogger Mystery Ranch said...

Yes great idea. Tried to leave a comment a moment ago and it turned off my browser completely. I have been reading your blogs for nearly a year. It sounds like you have made a big shift in the last few weeks. You were contracting for awhile and now you are expanding again. Blessings to you. I have heard of these birds going off for awhile on a 'walk-about' then returning like nothing happened.

November 26, 2008 3:38 PM

Delete
Anonymous Bas - Istanbul Expat said...

Great idea! Hope you will like my blog :-)

Will start following yours too.

November 26, 2008 4:41 PM

Delete
Blogger Shinade said...

I am very honored to be counted among these other wonderful blogs.

I should say humbled because I am. I am very grateful to God that you think my blog worthy.

I just now got my first post up and I am trying so hard to get caught up.

Oh my I feel as if I have never blogged before in my life.

As always you have been and do remain in my thoughts and prayers constantly.

I am not a formal prayer. I simply talk with God and listen for him all the time.

Much love for you. I will remember you especially tomorrow. I know it is very difficult.

My mother's birthday is tomorrow. She died one week before her birthday 14 years ago tomorrow. I still cry. I miss my mother very much!!

I am at home by myself tomorrow. so I will be working very hard to get caught up with everyone!!

Love and God Bless Maitri...you are in my heart!!

November 26, 2008 8:47 PM

Delete
Blogger Shinade said...

Oh my goodness I could make it easier for you and leave my address. I do apologize.

http://shinade.blogspot.com

P.S. I wrote this evening and I thought of you as I was writing it. It is about an Oak, winter, and summer.

Namaste!

November 26, 2008 8:49 PM

Delete
Blogger rockcreekcreations said...

Good idea. I've thought about this but didn't know about the linky thing. I'll be back!

November 27, 2008 10:45 PM

Delete
Anonymous christina said...

nice, nice! would love to join and use your list.

November 28, 2008 5:35 AM

Delete

Welcome Friends,..

Thoughts on Compassionate Living...



"How are we ever going to change anything? How is there going to be less aggression in the universe rather than more? We can then bring it down to a more personal level: how do I learn to communicate with somebody who is hurting me or someone who is hurting a lot of people? How do I speak to someone so that some change actually occurs? How do I communicate so that the space opens up and both of us begin to touch in to some kind of basic intelligence that we all share? In a potentially violent encounter, how do I communicate so that neither of us becomes increasingly furious and aggressive? How do I communicate to the heart so that a stuck situation can ventilate? How do I communicate so that things that seem frozen, unworkable, and eternally aggressive begin to soften up, and some kind of compassionate exchange begins to happen?

Well, it starts with being willing to feel what we are going through. It starts with being willing to have a compassionate relationship with the parts of ourselves that we feel are not worthy of existing on the planet. If we are willing through meditation to be mindful not only of what feels comfortable, but also of what pain feels like, if we even aspire to stay awake and open to what we're feeling, to recognize and acknowledge it as best we can in each moment, then something begins to change."

~ Pema Chodron ~

About Me

My photo

Maitri is a writer, and artist. She lives on the coast of NC with 4 rescue pugs and an African grey parrot named Miss Scarlett. You can find Maitri at: www.maitrilibellule.com